On Saturday morning Jordan left early to head to New Hampshire (about 1 1/2 hours) to play in the baseball season playoffs. Around eleven I was getting kind of nervous because I hadn't heard if they had made it there or not (I am extremely paranoid). Then around 12:30 he sent me a text saying sorry he forgot to text, the game was going good and they ahead. :)
Around 1:00 I get a text from my sister-in-law asking if Jordan was alright, and wondering if he had broken his jaw. I'm over here like..what?! I haven't heard anything about this. So of course I call Jordan's mom to find out what is going on. She answers the phone and is acting like everything is normal..Until I ask if he is okay..and what is going on. She says that Jordan had to call her for insurance info or else she wouldn't know, but he didn't want me to worry. But Jordan had also told her it was really nothing, they were just getting it looked at.
![]() |
| Right after he got hit..it hit the left side of his face! |
I text Jordan. All he says is Shelb, I'm fine. I am just at the hospital, they just took a CAT scan to see if I broke my jaw. But he made sure to tell me that he was "fine" in every text haha.
After they confirm that "there are multiple fractures" and he is going to need to see an oral surgeon, he gets in the car and rides an hour and a half to a hospital in Boston. I met him there in the ER and poor thing still hadn't been given any pain meds.
We were at the hospital until about 10:00 that night and told to go home and take some medicine.
![]() |
| In the ER |
Monday morning we met with the plastic surgeon, they told us the only option to fix this was to wire his jaw shut for 4 weeks :( I was able to blend up Cafe Rio Burritos, Mac n cheese, chicken noodle soup, and pasta. So at least he was eating!
On Thursday he had surgery, and the hospital was running so far behind. He was supposed to be in surgery by 2:15, but didn't go in until after 5. It was frustrating.
After everything they said it went really well! He was being so SO sassy to me and the nurses while coming out of the anesthesia. It was pretty darn funny! Just saying how ridiculous this whole thing is, and the medicine isn't even working. Its only funny if you realize that he never ever complains about these things.
![]() |
| Not too bad for just coming out of surgery! |
![]() |
| There are screws all along his gums, and then a bracket with hooks that come of that. Then they wrapped the wires around the hooks. Its bee tearing up the inside of his lips. |
![]() |
| He was ready to go home! Isn't this ice pack awesome? He kept asking if it was cute..lol |
![]() |
| Before surgery..his bite was off a bit |
![]() |
| This..for the next four weeks. PS. Jordan doesn't recommend breaking your jaw. |













Just found you have a blog! Love it! :)
ReplyDeleteDon't love the broken jaw :( I am so sorry! I had jaw surgery as a teenager and they broke my upper and lower jaws. Obviously different because it was planned, but I know it is rough to live on ensure :( will he get to do purée at all later? Please let me do something to help! We also just went through a broken bone/surgery with job this december and it was tough so i want to be able to make life a littler easier for you. We are here for whatever you need!! Prayers sent your way :)
I just love that you two know each other. That's all. Oh. And give Jordan my love. He's a trooper! And not to mention brave for letting you post all those pictures. :)
Delete